Our complaints procedure is based on the following principles:
- Systems should reflect the needs of customers.
- Systems should be accessible, easy to understand, provide an effective response and, where appropriate, independent review.
- Complaints should be encouraged and used as positive feedback. They can provide valuable customer information on which we can take remedial action and improve standards of service.
This policy is formulated on the basis of the above.
- Standards of service and commitments to our customers are as those published in the College Charter. Details of names and telephone numbers of where further redress may be had are also published in this document.
- Should a customer have a complaint, it can be addressed personally, or in writing by fax or telephone to the Director of Quality and Marketing or any member of the College Management Team. Complaints concerning the Corporation, its conduct or one of its Members should be made to the Clerk to the Corporation who, after consultation with the Chairman of the Corporation, will arrange for the matter to be considered at the next meeting of the Corporation. The Clerk to the Corporation will keep the complainant informed of the processing of the complaint.
- Complaints will be dealt with promptly within two weeks. A receipt of complaint letter will be sent by return.
- A full investigation will be carried out into each complaint. This will involve discussion with staff involved at every stage of the complaint.
- A record of action taken will be kept and copies to appropriate person/section for processing.
- The complainant will be informed of action taken.
- Where a customer has a disability or is disadvantaged in any way (i.e. those who do not find it easy to communicate in English) extra assistance will be provided in case of complaint.
- 8. Regular Customer Care training will be provided for staff.
- Should the customer be dissatisfied with the handling of their complaint, the right of redress to Governors will be available.
- Where necessary, customers will be given the opportunity to discuss problems in confidentiality.
- This procedures will be reviewed annually by the Senior Management Team and will include an analysis of complaints received.
- Reports on complaint processes will be made available to staff in the College Quality Assurance