We believe that Equality of Opportunity is central to making the mission statement a reality for all members of our community. We will work to
- ensure equality of access and resources for all regardless of, for instance, gender, ethnic or national origin, physical, sensory or learning abilities, age, socio-economic status, religion, politics, sexuality, trans gender status, marital status, trade union membership, HIV status, responsibility for dependents.
- provide an environment where every individual is recognized and valued so that racial, disability and sexual equality is promoted and individuals are free from unlawful discrimination, harassment or victimisation of any kind.
- manage policies, procedures and environment in ways that will seek to maintain every individual’s dignity and rights.
- educate all our members for life and work in a multi cultural society
- monitor and evaluate equality of opportunity
- comply with all current equalities and data protection legislation
This is the College’s first ‘Single Equality Scheme’ and sets out how the College will promote equality of opportunity regardless of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation, in both the delivery of its services and the employment of its staff.
It incorporates and therefore replaces the College’s Disability and Gender Equality Schemes, its Race Equality Action Plan, and its Equal Opportunities Policy.